Free Local Bus Transportation
The Eastern Sierra Transit Authority (ESTA) offers complimentary transportation around Mammoth Lakes with several routes offered to serve different regions of town.
Download the Swiftly App to get real-time arrivals and departures on town bus routes.
Year Round Bus Service
ESTA Purple Line (More Info): Vons to The Village
- 30-minute frequency, 7AM–6PM (departs Vons)
Winter Seasonal Bus Service
ESTA Red Line (More Info)
- Service throughout town via Old Mammoth Road and Main Street, traveling between Snowcreek Athletic Club and Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge. The first departure from Snowcreek Athletic Club is at 7:00am and the last departure from Main Lodge is at 5:30pm.
- 20-minute frequency, 7:00AM–5:30PM
ESTA commences operation of the Town Trolley, Snowcreek to Juniper Springs Resort, The Village and Canyon Lodge.
- 30-minute frequency, 7AM–10PM
- Departs Snowcreek on the hour and half-hour; 1st departure 7AM, continuous service until 10PM (last Snowcreek departure 9:30PM)
Employee Transportation to Main Lodge
- Early Employee Bus, 6AM and 6:40AM from Snowcreek to The Village to Main Lodge
MMSA Main Lodge Parking Shuttle
- 10-minute frequency, 7:30AM to 5PM
- The parking shuttle provides transportation from your car parked along the road up to Main Lodge and from Main Lodge back to your car
- After 5PM guests can take the Red Line Bus at 5:10PM and 5:30PM
- Shuttles pick up and drop off only at designated turn outs along the road. Look for the “PARKING” sign and the Black and Gold Flag
- Stand near the sign and be visible, shuttles only stop if they can see you
ESTA's Route Map for Mammoth Lakes
“Dial-a-Ride” or demand response bus service serves a wide variety of passengers. Because of our rural communities and limited transportation services, dial-a-ride services can and does carry both ambulatory and special needs passengers.
Call 760.924.1315 for reservations, or visit ESTA's website for more info.
Depending on Zone
Free Airport Shuttle for Hotel Guests
Free shuttle transportation is offered to guests staying at Mammoth Lodging Collection properties, which include Mammoth Mountain Inn, Juniper Springs Resort, The Village Lodge and Tamarack Lodge. The shuttle will be waiting at the airport for all Alaska, United and JetSuiteX flights. Check in with the shuttle driver as soon as you get off the plane. Please note that the shuttle does not leave the airport until all arriving passenger issues are resolved. For your return to the airport check with the Front Desk at your hotel for the shuttle schedule to the airport.